Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hello Everyone! It's Me, Cooper!

C: I just felt like I was missing out on too much to stay in Mama's belly a minute longer - so here I am! I arrived into this colorful, loud, bright world on May 20th at 2:40pm, weighing in at a meaty 5lbs 6oz.

Mama was sick and I was a little early so we were separated for a while after I was born, but Daddy, Bebe, Grandmama, Aunt Sara and Aunt Kelly kept a close eye over me in the Intermediate Nursery. The nurses at Piedmont were wonderful and I knew I was in great hands, but I just wanted to be with my family!

I finally got to go to Mama & Daddy's room late that night and snuggled with them for a short, wonderful while, but then I was whisked off the the NICU early the next morning for some additional monitoring of my breathing. I didn't know it at the time, but Mama had gotten sicker too, and was stuck in her room for a few days and was not allowed to come and see me until Saturday (who knew that 3 days could feel like years?).

Anyways, all is wonderful now and I am in love with this new life of mine already!


H: I knew something fun was up when Aunt Kelly came to pick me up from school today! She told me that my baby brother was FINALLY here! Yahoo! I can't believe it! No more talking to Mama's belly - I can talk to Cooper now!

Aunt Kelly took me to dinner and then brought me to the hospital to meet Cooper for the first time. Unfortunately, I was not allowed in the Intermediate Nursery, but was able to look in the windows just after Mama & Daddy got to go in to see Cooper. I was a little shocked at everything (and why the heck is Mama in a wheelchair?) and wanted to be with Mama & Daddy, but Bebe and Aunt Kelly held me and helped me look at my handsome little brother. He's so little! But I love him to bits already - I can't wait to hold him! I love you Cooper!!!


It's bright and loud out here in the world!



Couldn't they have heated that thing up before pressing it on my chest?



Ahh, the heating lamps feel divine. I'm exhausted.





After a long, long, LONG wait, Mama finally got to come and see me:



My first look at my sweet baby brother:




And a kiss from Mama (I think she missed me):




Late that night, I got to nap with Daddy:




And a delicious snuggle with Mama. Good Night!

No comments: