Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cagle's Dairy Farm

Last weekend, we took Bebe to Cagle's Dairy Farm for the day to celebrate her 40th (I mean, if we're going by how old she LOOKS) birthday. The super thing about this birthday present is that it was a present for all of us - we all had such a great time laughing, exploring and playing together. None of us wanted to leave when it was time to go, but I was a boy in great need of a nap. I love you Bebe and thank you for sharing such a special birthday celebration with us!


Making friends with a katydid:




Bebe helped me strap on my cow all-access wristband. This made me feel like quite the VIP:


I'm quite a munchkin!




This place was made for boys like me - farm equipment, animals and lots of milk!




We learned all about how milk is bottled from a very sweet lady in a fun hat:




I paid very close attention during the whole talk - after all, the subject was about something dear to my heart - milk!




And my reward for listening was a free, cold jug of chocolate milk. I didn't take that bottle from my lips until it was over halfway done. Maybe the best chocolate milk I ever had in my whole life.


Now time for the hayride:


Halfway through the hayride, we stopped and watched this super fast and super smart dog (he's on the left) herd the cows to our wagon:


...where they had a midafternoon snack right out of our wagon! I really really wanted to pet the cows, but our guide said that they are much too big and might accidentally hurt me:


After our hayride adventure, I got to feed the goats - I just could not get enough of this!



Here we are in the calf nursery where I finally got to pet as many baby cows as I wanted!


I have found my favorite:


During the cow-milking demo, the guide asked for a volunteer to come up and sit on the cow-milking seat. I was a gentleman and let the little girl go first, but I was insistent that I get a chance to sit on the special seat too!


After all of our tours were over, it was time to head back through the Cow Subway so that Mama and Bebe could go on a helicopter ride! I must catch Grandpa:


Whoops! Man, this happens way too often.




Jumping on the bouncy pillow while eating an Oreo:


Mama and Bebe taking a ride over the farm and corn maze. I wasn't quite sure what to make of this. I felt a twinge of panic, but Grandpa and Daddy seemed cool, so I decided to go with it:


Getting blown by the helicopter blades:




Now for my very favorite part of the day - my very first pony ride! I said "Giddyup!" over and over to my sweet pony and just laughed my happy little head off the whole time! Now if Mama and Daddy will just get me my own 10-gallon-hat and some cowboy boots, I'll be set!



After the pony ride, I was surprised to meet a new furry friend - notice the big kiss he is giving me in the first picture!



I sure do love my Grandparents and this incredible day! Happy Birthday Bebe!

1 comment:

Douglasfam said...

holy moly! We need to go there! That looks like so much fun! Except for the helicopter deal. when can we play? we are free this weekend? you?