Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Home Depot with Grandpa & Bebe!

While Mama, Daddy and seven of their sweetest, most wonderful friends were busy moving everything from our house in Marietta to our new apartment in Decatur and then the remaining stuff to Grandpa and Bebe's basement (we'll not mention how much stuff is in the basement because it embarrasses Mama), I got to spend some more quality time with my super fun grandparents!

We played, laughed, chased Sammy, ate, read books, ate, drove trucks, ate hash browns and waffles at Waffle House, laughed, rode in my new car (thank you Aunt Kelly!!), ate, went to the park, ate, went to the movies, cuddled, laughed, and even went to Home Depot so I could hone my handyman skills once again. Grandpa and Bebe are both quite handy themselves, so they made excellent, very patient teachers!

I missed Mama and Daddy (a little, anyways), but I had so much fun that I was really sad to see Grandpa and Bebe go home. It was my first overnight adventure away from home without my parents - and what an incredible one it was! I never want to forget our special memories! I love you both so much!

Let's do this!

And here's a video of me in hammering action. Bebe trusts me and I love showing her how I even hit the nails sometimes!




Working hard with Grandpa - see how he trusts a 2-year-old with a hammer? Do you SEE how close his fingers are to the hammer? And I am proud to say that I didn't hit him or Bebe once!




No store excursion is complete without a race or two up and down the aisles with the cart:




Wait, Grandpa! I want to smell the flowers! Or at least pull the petals off.




On a stroll with Grandpa at the park:




Can you see how much I love being carried around on my Grandpa's strong shoulders?

1 comment:

Douglasfam said...

Emma Kate made the same flag holder! I mean, WHAT are we going to do with that? I guess thats not the point but still - it makes me laugh!
Glad he had so much fun!