Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Part II: My Mama!

Even though I still had this stubborn cough and a fever that just won't go away, Daddy and I worked hard to make Sunday a special day for Mama. I helped Daddy make Mama breakfast in bed with cheese biscuits, scrambled eggs, bacon, kiwis, strawberries and OJ, even with a flower in a vase on her tray (this was my idea)! Daddy and I also picked out some very pretty purple flowers for Mama and we are sending her to see Indigo Girls at Chastain with Aunt Kelly in September - in box seats! I also chose a wooden plaque and blue and purple paint and hand-painted a masterpiece for her on it - which she LOVED! We treated her like a princess all day long - Mama never had to lift a finger (except to pick me up). She wanted to go back to the zoo and have a picnic, so Daddy and I bought some fun picnic food and set out for the zoo after my nap. By this time I was feeling pretty rotten, so I still haven't gotten to have "the fun zoo experience", but that's why we have a family pass, right? I mainly wanted to cuddle (which I think Mama and Daddy pretty much love) but did perk up when they let me pick out a Panda bear that was as big as I was and when we ended the day by playing on the zoo playground. Mama kept saying she feels like the luckiest lady in the whole world to have been chosen to be my Mama, so I think we succeeded in making this a super special day for her! I love you, Mama!


Panda (aka Laila) Love:



I even got to pet a goat! But peee-yeww, they smell worse than Molly and Hudson after a run!



Fun at the playground - the school bus and the see-saw were my favorites - I kept yelling "bus, bus!" and would run with great urgency to drive the bus again:

Click the "play" button below to see just how much I loved the see-saw!



Did you know that a chocolate cookie sandwich cures coughs and fevers? Try it!




Happy Mother's Day Mama! I love you!!!

No comments: