Saturday, May 31, 2008

More Birthday Celebration Time With Grandpa!

Today we met Grandpa & Bebe at Pappadeaux to finish celebrating Grandpa's birthday. I had my first taste of corndogs and boy they were yummy - you know I loved them when I ate them before my french fries! It is getting a little harder for me to sit at the table though - there is way too much to do - people to visit, people to say "no" to, tables to run under, and highchairs to push around for me to want to sit for too long. Plus I must say I've been a little disagreeable lately ("crotchety" might be an appropriate description), and much to Mama & Daddy's delight, most questions I'm asked are answered with a head-cock and a soft but firm "no". For some reason they find this a bit taxing, but I am just expressing a preference! Hmmm, maybe I AM being a little hard to please, but hey, I'm almost 2 and don't they tell parents to expect something called the "Terrible Twos"? Here they are! But anyways, back to Grandpa's birthday - after eating a yummy dinner, we headed to the park. I got to ride around (mostly upside-down: see video below) on Grandpa's shoulder and then got to play on the playground for the rest of the time. I hope celebrating all of my family's birthdays will be this much fun! Happy Birthday, Grandpa! I love you and Bebe lots!!!!


Coloring and Laughing with Daddy:




I love lemons, even if occasionally they surprise me with how sour they are!




Checking out the lobster tank with Bebe:




Grandpa even helped me splash around in the fountain outside:




Riding on Grandpa's shoulder - he makes a fun ride!




Swinging with Mama:




It was bedtime at this point so I wasn't excited about taking a picture, but at least I made Bebe laugh!

No comments: