Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Breakfast with Uncle Zach & Aunt Kira

Sunday we met my fun Uncle Zach and Aunt Kira in Decatur for breakfast. I tried my first-ever sausage (my vote? strongly indifferent) and ate the heck out of some grits and eggs. As usual, I was fascinated with Zach's beard - he kept tickling me with it when I was TRYING to concentrate on my Dr. Seuss book! But I loved it. Obviously.



I'll take care of the check, guys! Breakfast is on me. Do they take blown kisses and/or goldfish for payment?


Afterwards, we walked over to a playground to burn off some of our breakfast. What I didn't know was that Zach was more excited about playing on the playground than I was! And I get excited. He even tried to get on the whale bouncy ride, but he was too big and when he got on with me, the whale no longer bounced. I asked him very politely to get the heck off so I could ride faster, and as a consolation prize I let him take me down the slide. Note that this playground had a sign very clearly posted that said "Intended for children ages 2-12". Lucky for me, Zach doesn't care about silly rules like this and just wants to have fun and spend time with me! I sure do love my Zach and Kira! I am really hoping we move to Decatur soon so that outings like this can become more regular events!

No comments: