Friday, July 4, 2008

Bebe, I love you! Please feel better soon!

My sweet Bebe is so sick. She had surgery on Tuesday to fix her ear - but for some reason to fix her ear, they had to remove her adenoids and break her nose in the process. Can you say "Ouch!!"? I wanted more than anything to help her feel better, but unfortunately there isn't much we can really do to help her. The only thing me and Mama could think to do was to spend Wednesday with her and maybe provide a little distraction from all of her pain. Mama tried to prepare me for seeing Bebe by telling me that Bebe had a big owie on her nose and wasn't feeling good and would probably be "nite-nite" a lot of the time when we were there. Even though I knew ahead of time about her owies and bandages, I was still so sad to see her hurting when we got there. I blew her lots of kisses and gave her hugs and kept telling her to go nite-nite since Mama told me that when she's sleeping, she's not hurting. When she was awake, I tried to distract her by showing her my cars and trucks and the impressive way I drive them around. It always helps ME feel better, so I was hoping it would brighten Bebe's spirits too!

When Grandpa got home, we had a picnic on the kitchen counter (something Mama and Daddy have never let me do, but I am starting to figure out that there are more fun rules at Grandpa and Grandma's house). After I had filled my belly with Chick-fil-A, I played some of my concertos for Mama and Grandpa on Grandpa's fancy keyboard. I think he was impressed! I still have some work to do to play music as beautifully as he can play, and for sure to write music like he can, but I hope to catch up soon!


Grandpa, want some soggy french fry?




Grandpa and I working on our first duet together:



Now to show off my solo skills:

Bebe, we all love you so much and want you to get better with all of our hearts!

No comments: