Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day with Grandpa!

The fun continued today - we woke up and had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and I helped Mama and Daddy "de-clutter" the house by packing up some of the pictures and knick-knacks from the living room into boxes. The lady that is helping us sell our house said that we shouldn't have too many pictures around because it distracts potential buyers, although this makes Mama really sad. Anyways, I wore myself out helping to pack, so I had a long nap and when I woke up, I found out that we were going to Grandpa and Bebe's for Father's Day to tell Grandpa how special he is to all of us!


All the way up to Grandpa and Bebe's I read books to Mama, played with my trucks and then when we were getting close I kept saying "Bebe! Bebe!". I just couldn't wait to get there! We finally made it and I got to give my sweet grandparents kisses and hugs and also got to love on their kitty-cat, Sammy, for a while. Then we had a delicious lunch that Bebe made and an extra special dessert of ice cream and fudgy brownies!


No bib? No problem! More opportunity to show off my manly chest! (and how cool is it that this was Mama's high chair when she was a baby??)


I knew that it was Grandpa's special day today and that he deserved a little pampering by the littlest member of the family - he raised my Mama after all! I gave him a nice back rub (he should feel VERY special since this is the first one I've ever given!) and brought him his card that I wrote in. We played and laughed and I showed him how to use my drawing board and my hammer (sometimes even grown-ups need help with toys). My Grandpa is a very talented piano player, so I played him a few tunes on their piano too, to show him that I love music as much as he does. We also spent a long time hanging out in the basement because that is where we are keeping our stuff until we find a new house. It is super fun down there - I loved exploring and playing with Bebe's roller skates and exercise equipment! Why is this the first time I've been down there??? This is heaven for an exploring little boy like myself!


A nice back rub for my Grandpa - I think I did a good job myself! It made Grandpa smile, so I must have done good!




Serenading the ladies with my piano skills:



I love my family!!!

Well, it was another wonderful day with my wonderful family. I love you Grandpa - thank you for being so cuddly and loving to me! I have loved you since I first met you in the NICU; we have always had a special bond and I love you more and more each and every day!


I am so lucky to have these two special Daddies in my life!

1 comment:

Douglasfam said...

i have never realized how much you look like your mom til I see you here right next to her!
And since when are you MOVING? I am not "in the know!"
See you soon sweet friend! Give your boy a kiss for EK - we went to the zoo today and thought of you when we got to the tiger area! :)