Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another Special Day with Bebe!

When I sang myself awake this morning, who should pop into my room to greet me but my very own Bebe! What a wonderful way to start my day! Since I wanted to soak up as much of Bebe as I could, I decided that we should just snuggle for a long time before the playing started (if you've never been snuggled by Bebe, you are missing out). We had a huge breakfast, played, read, and even practiced putting my special ketchup and mustard on our hot dog magnet that is on the fridge. Then we *pretend* ate it over and over and yummed and savored every delicious plastic bite.
So I think I've mentioned before how I save some of my best stuff for Bebe, right? Well today was no exception. I have known how to say "please" for some time now, I have just chosen not to use it, especially when asked (I accidentally let it slip a few times with Mama and Daddy, so the jig was up a while ago). No amount of prompting from my patient, sometimes frustrated parents could tear that precious word out of my mouth until I was ready, darnit! And so I chose today with Bebe as the perfect time to let it rip. I was saying "please" left and right! "Please" read me a book! "Please" help me stack my plastic rings! "Please" give me more to eat! "Please" spend every second of the day entertaining me and pamper me with hugs, kisses, cuddles and attention until I fall, utterly exhausted, into my much-loved (and much-needed) afternoon nap. Imagine Mama and Daddy's surprise when they were greeted with the well-mannered toddler that is now me!


When Mama and Daddy got home, we all went to eat at Los Bravos, where I had lemons ("please!"), chips ("please!"), fries ("please!") and chicken ("please!"). What a super way to end a super day! I love you Bebe and had a spectacularly wonderful day with you, as usual!



Lemons are great for making fun faces for the camera:



Being little and cute means that everyone gladly shares their food with you - better enjoy it while I can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is the deal with going to Los Bravos every day of the week though you have never taken your dear friends the Senas. Harrison is going to think he is Hispanic or something!! Wait, that is a good thing.

-J