Monday, June 9, 2008

Saturday Fun!

I'm so GQ:

Saturday was a super-fun day and the excitement started as soon as I opened my little eyes! We all went to Chick-fil-A for breakfast and ate outside to enjoy some sunshine before it got too hot. I love me some chicken minis and hashbrowns! Mama also shared her cinnamon roll with me, which will now have to be part of my standard order. As good as breakfast was, I was dying to get onto the playground the whole time. After I finished up Mama's cinnamon roll, me and Mama played on the playground - I can hardly contain my glee when I am way up high, yelling down to Daddy, driving cars to anywhere I want to go and sliding down slides with Mama!


Way up high with Mama - no time to pose for a picture!




Shucks!! - it's already time to go (secretly I was not as upset as I made out to be - it was already hotter than heck outside by 9:45am!!!!)


When we got back home, who was waiting for us but my sweet Aunt Lucy and Uncle Jeremy! Turns out I got to spend most of the day with the boys while Mama and Lucy met Aunt Kelly in Virginia Highlands for an Arts Festival. I would NOT have enjoyed that one tiny little bit - it was way too hot, so I was very content to spend the afternoon reading books with Jeremy and showing him all of my cool toys in my cool, air-conditioned house.

Once Lucy and Mama got back, we all went to eat at Five Guys Burgers and Fries - and can I just tell you, it was love at first sight! I raced my cars all over the walls (the red and white checked tiles looked like a perfect racetrack to me!), ate lots of fries and even more ketchup (for you amateurs out there, my technique is this: I dip my fry in the ketchup and then suck the ketchup off and repeat until the fry no longer resembles a fry and is instead just soggy mush), played in the windows, and let Mama chase me all over the restaurant while I screamed with delight (Mama would like to add that there were only 2 other tables of people in the restaurant). Then it was back to the house where my Uncle Jeremy gave me the longest (read: pruney fingers), most fun bath I've ever had. After some more playing, it was finally time to call it a day and go nite-nite. I had such a happy day with my family - I love you all so much! Thank you for always including me in everything you do!!!

Daddy, I am having the best day!




Me, My Girls, and Some Fries:




Splish-splashing with Uncle Jeremy:

No comments: