Saturday, September 25, 2010

My First Soccer Game

Today was the big day. My first official soccer game. I have been VERY excited about this for weeks and practicing my skills constantly at home. Well, that was before my cleated feet hit the field. I got so overwhelmed by everything - the folks I didn't know yet, the chaos, and everyone's excitement, that the pressure was just too much and I short-circuited. Maybe once I get used to the idea of all of this I'll venture onto the field. Until then, I'm quite happy on the bench, thankyouverymuch. (a big "thank you" to Papa & Bebe and Raj for coming out to support me! I love you!)



Practicing my kicks with my teammates:



Starting to shut down while warming up:



Yes, it feels much safer over here:




After watching all that soccer, I was ready to play...after the game was over. So I showed off my skills to Raj:

No comments: