Monday, September 1, 2008

Weekend in Callaway

Our family took a weekend trip to Callaway Gardens to go to a wedding last weekend. We had a really fun road trip, where I entertained Mama & Daddy with songs, book readings and laughter all the way there. The wedding was outside at night and it was so pretty, but very hot. That didn't stop me from exploring all of the flowers, playing with the animal bushes, eating, swinging and loving on my sweet Grandparents and Mama. Sadly for all of us, Daddy had a headache and didn't hang out at the wedding, but I did a good job of filling in as Mama's date.

Exploring the pretty gardens:


Grandpa is always funny, but he's extra entertaining when he drinks too much out of fancy glasses:


Taking a break from the heat with Bebe at the waterfall:


THIS I had never seen before - animals made out of bushes!!! They provided much of my entertainment throughout the night:




The next morning we met Grandpa & Bebe at a Birds of Prey show where some really neat, huge birds flew right over our heads! I loved seeing them up close, especially the vulture. After that, we went to a luncheon where I got to do 2 very fun things for the first time:


1) Draw with sidewalk chalk:

I thought we should include this picture, since Mama AND Daddy both managed to have their eyes closed in the picture. I am ALWAYS camera-ready, didn't you know?



2) Learn the joys of a pinata:

Collecting the loot after Osama was finally busted open:

I walked over and picked up the bat when no one was looking and decided it was time I got a few whacks in too:

Then I insisted Mama join in the fun:

No comments: