Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

My sweet Aunt Lucy and Uncle Jeremy spent New Year's Eve with me (THAT is love!) and we had such a blast! Aunt Lucy even wrote about our special day on her Facebook page, so I thought I'd let her tell you how our day went. I love you both so much!



"My leave it to beaver moment...


Thursday, January 1, 2009 at 7:13pm...

happened yesterday in Decatur (where it's greater), GA chilling with my honorary nephew Harrison.We were asked to babysit Harrison a few weeks back and we love spending time with him so it was a no-brainer! When we got there we had Christmas with John and Kathy and Harrison and everyone got great gifts. (Thank you Stuckey's for the halter apron with the fabulous design from Anthropologie!) Anyway, before too long John and Kathy were on their way to the CFA Bowl to set up and J and I were alone with Harrison.



We decided to go and eat and so we walked to Decatur. (That's right, I said walked- like went up the street took a left and BOOM we had tons of restaurants to choose from.) Plus, most of the way up there Harrison was on J's shoulders. I felt like singing it was so Mayberry. We asked Harrison if he wanted Pizza or pasta and he said "Pizza or Pasta" so off to Little Azio we went. DANG TITO, this food was good and Harrison and I (while we were waiting for the food to arrive) started reading "The Grumpy Ladybug". I love how he loves books. So we read, ate super-yummy food and watched the two babies at the restaurant.


We headed back toward the house to "nap" and I once again marveled at how cool it was to be able to walk to dinner. We passed this really cool park on the way back, saw cute rodents climb trees, heard the whisper of the wind (really it was gusty and cold), ogled the cool houses and laughed at Harrison's slightest witticisms ("That red bow is sooooo cute"-he's two)! It really made me long for a home like that one!!


After we all had naps (Yes, all of us, J, Molly-dog, Hudson-dog, Stirling-cat, Harrison-human boy and I-human), we woke up watched the Sun Bowl and played then it was on to bath time and bubbles! Kathy and John came home exhausted and we headed home after a few minutes of hanging out!

I would love to live in an incredible place like that and it was cool to be a part of that for one night!


Lucy"

No comments: