Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Date Night with Mama

On the eve of Christmas Eve, we heard that Santa was going to be reading The Night Before Christmas at Little Shop of Stories, so me and Mama decided we had to go. It was a little chilly that night, so me and Mama got bundled up for the walk. I rode in my stroller for the first time in months and got all bundled in with blankets, Rocky and boy, I even snuck a binky in my mouth!


We were all cozy for the walk to the bookstore, and on the way we looked at all the Christmas lights in the neighborhood and in Downtown Decatur. It was a beautiful night, but I was pretty pooped by the time we got to the store. Santa came in, told jokes with all of us kids, then read The Night Before Christmas to us. Then, to make the night even more perfect, we all sang my favorite Christmas carol together - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!

I wasn't interested in sitting in Santa's lap, so me and Mama headed on back home, where we were surprised by my uncles Dan & Zach. We played and laughed and then Zach read to me and finally put me to bed late, at about 9pm. I had such a terrific, but long day, that I slept until 11:45am the next day!

No comments: