Friday, August 15, 2008

Sharks, Whales and Lots & Lots of Fish!

I had a mid-week treat on Tuesday - Mama stayed home with me so we could play all day, Bebe came over AND as if that wasn't enough of a treat, we also spent the morning at the Aquarium! I am in love with the aquariums at my school, but the GA Aquarium (have you BEEN there??? You must go if you haven't!) just blew me away.

I spent the day running up to the huge glass walls, calling to the fish, waving at them and blowing them kisses and making sure my girls saw the amazing things I was seeing. I hugged a big orange stuffed-animal fish, tried to touch a sting ray (I'm still a smidge too short though), sat in the mouth of a whale (well, it was a slide, but it was still a whale!), saw fish in every color of the rainbow, had fish swimming over my head, saw huge whales and turtles and just had an AMAZING day with my Mama and Bebe! We stayed until I was just too tuckered out to last any longer, but let's go again soon!!!!



Yes, it was necessary to give each sign on the way in (and out) of the Aquarium a high-five!




Admiring the huge fish with Bebe - this is where we spent most of our visit. I just could not get enough of this amazing room.



BEBE! Did you SEE that??!!?!?! (I think we can see by her reaction that she did indeed.) Sweet Bebe gets just as excited about these fishies as I do! I sure do love her.



Waving to one of my many new fish friends:




Mesmerized by the jellyfish:



Trying my darndest to reach a stingray with Mama:




My orange friend. I did not want to stop hugging and kissing him, but unfortunately there were other kids who also wanted some fish love. Sharing stinks sometimes.

1 comment:

Larissa Holland said...

Harrison, for a little kiddo, you sure have a wonderful interest in crafting. :-) Katherine, I guess i should never say never, but not anytime in the near future. (is there a compelling reason you'd like some little girl dresses I don't know about???) It takes me so stinkin' long to sew anything for my own kids, I can't imagine I'd have enough time to sew for others! Thanks for the compliment! And yes, you'll be glad to know that I cannot execute a cartwheel (or any other feat of physical coordination) even if my very life depended on it.