Monday, November 10, 2008

My First Concert!

For me and Mama's Little Shop of Stories date night, we bundled up and headed out to walk/run to my fav bookstore. Once I got my running out of my system, I decided I wanted to be a gentleman and carry (okay, DRAG) Mama's very heavy bag up the sidewalk. I guess this was pretty funny looking, since the diaper bag is about as big as me, and so lots of friendly people stopped to talk to me about it, making sure Mama wasn't forcing her 2 1/2-year-old into slave labor and Mama assuring them that I had, in fact, asked to "carry" it.

After a while, I noticed Mama wincing a little as we saw some of the fabric on the bottom of the bag start to wear away, and I was tired anyways, so I gave it back to her and then asked if I could ride on her shoulders the rest of the way (of course, I decided this right as we got to the hill).

Once we got there, I was in for a big surprise - a new kid's band, The Baby Grands, was there to give us a free concert! They were really really good and I listened & danced along to the guitar and clapped after every song. Afterwards, we got our usual milk and cookies and then it was back home and off to bed! What an exciting night!



I am clapping with such enthusiasm that it's all just a blur!



Time for milk and cookies!

No comments: