Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mommy & Me Day at the Zoo

And what's a perfect way to start a date with Mama? Take her to Waffle House, of course! After we stuffed ourselves, we headed to the Zoo for a special tour for Mamas and their little ones.

We got to see the elephant get breakfast and then get exercised, and say hello to some of my other favorite animals. Once it started getting too hot outside, we headed inside to a special classroom where we sung songs, played with toys, did some art and even got to pet some animals. Most of all though, me and Mama got to spend a lot of quality time together, and we both loved every second of it!




Time to cut up this waffle so I can get it in my belly:


I also love to eat the butter. By itself.


Mama, put the camera down and eat your breakfast!


Checking out this meerkat getting some morning sun on his belly:


"Whatchoo looking at, buster?"



Maybe if I stick my belly out far enough, they'll come and nibble on it:


And here, you'll see, we have a sleeping lion. And apparently he's not interested in entertaining us this morning:


Sitting in Mama's lap in the classroom:


Doing some art to make a little tambourine:


I just want to make sure my owl doesn't come un-glued:


We also got to get up close and personal with a tiny hedgehog, but we couldn't pet it on account of its prickles:


So, yeah, she asked us to stay on our mats, but this looks like something I need to pet immediately!


I asked her to come around again with this fluffy rabbit and she did. And it was worth it.


And for an extra-special treat, I got to pick out a little panda bear to take home:

No comments: