Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gingerbread House

It was time again to construct our annual gingerbread project, and this year we decided to build a little house instead of a choo choo train like last year.


We thought it would be easier, but boy were we wrong (we are still in the Amateur Phase with our gingerbread creations). The roof kept sliding off and Mama had to hold it in place while the icing dried. I told her she may have to skip going to bed and just hold it on the whole night. She thought I was joking, but I wasn't.


While she was on roof-duty, I busied myself with everything else. I especially loved the colored candies, as you can see below. I really did all of the decorating by myself! I was VERY proud of our happy little house!


Oh this is going to be messy. Which means perfect.



Mama, you hang on to the roof, and I'll get to work on everything else. And as you can see, Cooper is distressed about the roof too:



Icing the Christmas tree. Have you noticed what I am wearing yet, by the way?




Time to decorate. I should note here that right after this picture was taken, we looked up and saw that the roof was indeed sliding off our shaky little house. Again.




I mean, how much more awesome could this possibly be?

No comments: