Thursday, March 31, 2011

Grandmama


It is with heavy little hearts that we let everyone know that our beautiful Grandmama went to live with God & Jesus today, and we already miss her so much it hurts.

I have been asking a lot of questions about Heaven, trying to get a better idea of what she’s up to now that she’s not here with us, like:
1. Can you listen to any kind of music you want in heaven – like Johnny Cash without turning down the volume during the “bad” parts?
2. When God & Jesus fix Grandmama up so she’s not sick anymore, will they send her back to us?
3. What do I do if I want to talk to her?

Mama & Daddy have done their best to answer my questions, but I can’t get used to the idea of Grandmama not being here with us anymore. I miss her laugh, the way she called me “Punkin” and Cooper “Lil Bit”, how she loved us no matter what our mood, her love of books, her endless patience, how she loved to do the “dirty work” – like change diapers and give us medicine, how she loved to laugh with us no matter how bad she was feeling, how her love for us made us feel special, how she loved Star Wars almost as much as we do.

I am so glad that I got to know her and have so much fun with her. Cooper loved her so much and loved to snuggle up to her every chance he got.

She was a wonderful Grandmama, and just a good-hearted person that knew how to love and accept all kinds of people. She showed us little boys by her own example a life of grace, led with a strong heart.

She was so worried that I would forget her, but I could never forget her. We will always hold the memories we had together in our hearts, and look back at this blog often to re-live our special times together.

We say a special prayer to you every night, Grandmama, and we miss you so much.

We love you with all our hearts! -Punkin & Lil Bit


No comments: