Friday, May 1, 2009

Date at the Zoo with Mama

Me and Mama agreed that we needed a special treat this Friday, so we decided to head over to the Zoo. "Excited" does not even begin to describe my feelings about being there - I was in heaven! We got there early enough in the morning so that all the animals were awake and playing and eating - and I was fascinated by them all. After several hours of visiting the animals, 3 snack breaks, several skinned knees and many conversations with the animals, me and Mama headed home.

I talked about all of the animals we saw and told Mama that my favorite was watching the baby Panda bear get into its swing. Oh, and how the elephants stood right in front of us and "crunchy-crunched" the bamboo (which I found hilarious and could not stop laughing at). And how the baby gorilla brothers (me and Coop in a couple of years!) were rolling around on the ground together and playing. Heck, I just loved every minute of being there - how do you pick just one favorite? The only thing missing was my sweet Daddy, but me and Mama agreed that we wouldn't come next time without him! What a great day!


Mama! Look at the monkeys!



Seriously, Mama - put the camera down and look.



I think she likes me...




Holy smokes - the biggest "gollilla" I have ever seen!




I love Willie B. and Willie B. loves me. I insisted on hugging each of his legs (several times) before we could leave.




Mama, I'm going to go and hang with the gorillas for a bit. Entertain yourself, and I'll find you later.




I want to climb each and everything possible at the zoo today. What can I say, I'm inspired!




Daggum these britches!




It is very important that I pet each and every one of the goats here.




Hmmm, this goat looks peeved that I am up here with him. He must be thinking "If ONE more kid touches my rump today, I'm gonna blow!". See ya! I'm going to pet someone who appreciates me!




Whew! I am knackered. After I finish these M&Ms, I think we'll be hitting the road.

No comments: