Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Birthday Cake for Baby Jesus

The other day, I started asking Mama a lot of questions about why Santa is coming. We talked about it a while, and she told me that the reason we have Christmas is because it's Baby Jesus's birthday. I said I wanted to get him a present, and after much thought, I said that a purple candle would be something that he would like. I also asked if we could have a birthday party for Baby Jesus, and Mama thought that sounded like a lot of fun.

So, the day before his birthday, we woke up and started baking a cake first thing in the morning. Mama let me stir and help pour the cake in the pan. Then once it was done, I got to do the icing mostly by myself. That night, we sang Happy Birthday and I was also in charge of the candles - I think Jesus loved that I helped so much with his special cake! Happy Birthday Jesus - we love you!!!



Helping Mama make the cake in our PJs. And yes, ladies, I am wearing camouflage underwear:




Mmmm, icing is the best part!



We used every candle in the box, and it still wasn't enough! And check out the perfection that is the icing job.



Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus:

No comments: